Crossbow Education Limited Proprietary Software License Agreement.
IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. THIS IS A LICENSE AGREEMENT
Crossbow Education software proprietary is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. Our software is licensed, not sold.
End User License Agreement
This End User License Agreement ("EULA") is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and Crossbow Education with regard to the copyrighted Software (herein referred to as "SOFTWARE PRODUCT" or "SOFTWARE") provided with this EULA. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT includes computer software, the associated media, any printed materials, and any "online" or electronic documentation. Use of any software and related documentation ("Software") provided to you by Crossbow Education in whatever form or media, will constitute your acceptance of these terms, unless separate terms are provided by the software supplier, in which case certain additional or different terms may apply. If you do not agree with the terms of this EULA, do not download, install, copy or use the Software. By installing, copying or otherwise using the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA. If you do not agree to the terms of this EULA, Crossbow Education is unwilling to license the SOFTWARE PRODUCT to you.
1. Eligible Licensees. This Software is available for license solely to SOFTWARE owners, with no right of duplication or further distribution, licensing, or sub-licensing. IF YOU DO NOT OWN THE SOFTWARE, THEN DO NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL, COPY OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
2. License Grant. Crossbow Education grants to you a non-transferable and non-exclusive right to use the copy of the Software provided with this EULA.
2.1. If you have purchased the standard (1-3 users) licence, you agree you will not copy the Software except as necessary to use it on up to 3 computers.
2.2. If you have paid for a multi-user licence, the maximum number of computers and terminals is equal to the number of users specified in the applicable receipt.
2.3. If you have purchased a site licence this entitles you to use it in all the departments and buildings in one institution in one city or similar sized locality, whose buildings are not necessarily together, but are geographically close.
2.4. If you have a multi-site licence you will have received an agreement agreed between yourselves and Crossbow Education Limited or Crossbow Education Corp detailing the different sites bought for, which may be in entirely different geographical locations.
3. Copyright. The Software is licensed, not sold. You acknowledge that no title to the intellectual property in the Software is transferred to you. You further acknowledge that title and full ownership rights to the Software will remain the exclusive property of Crossbow Education and/or its suppliers, and you will not acquire any rights to the Software, except as expressly set forth above. All copies of the Software will contain the same proprietary notices as contained in or on the Software. All title and copyrights in and to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT (including but not limited to any images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text and "applets," incorporated into the SOFTWARE PRODUCT), the accompanying printed materials, and any copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, are owned by Crossbow Education or its suppliers. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is protected by copyright laws and international treaty provisions.
You agree that you may not copy the written materials accompanying the Software. Modifying, translating, renting, copying, transferring or assigning all or part of the Software, or any rights granted hereunder, to any other persons and removing any proprietary notices, labels or marks from the Software is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, you hereby agree not to create derivative works based on the Software. You may not transfer this Software.
4. Reverse Engineering. You agree that you will not attempt, and if you are a corporation, you will use your best efforts to prevent your employees and contractors from attempting to reverse compile, modify, translate or disassemble the Software in whole or in part. Any failure to comply with the above or any other terms and conditions contained herein will result in the automatic termination of this license and the reversion of the rights granted hereunder to Crossbow Education.
5. Limitation of Liability. Crossbow Education's entire liability and your exclusive remedy under this EULA shall not exceed the price paid for the Software, if any. In no event shall Crossbow Education or its suppliers be liable to you for any consequential, special, incidental or indirect damages of any kind arising out of the use or inability to use the software, even if Crossbow Education or its supplier has been advised of the possibility of such damages, or any claim by a third party.
6. Rental. You may not loan, rent, or lease the SOFTWARE.
7. Upgrades. If the SOFTWARE is an upgrade from an earlier release or previously released version, you now may use that upgraded product only in accordance with this EULA. If the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is an upgrade of a software program which you licensed as a single product, the SOFTWARE PRODUCT may be used only as part of that single product package and may not be separated for use on more than one computer.