How to Dazzle at Reading
How to Dazzle at... are Literacy Workbooks for older students. Uncluttered, "grown-up" layout ideal for secondary students struggling with basics.
All titles in this range have 48 pages.
- How to Dazzle at Reading will help students to:
- Understand and use a variety of decoding techniques
- Discriminate between sounds in words
- Learn letters and letter combinations
- Read words by sounding out and blending the sounds
- Identifying the sounds they hear at the start and end of specified words
- The sounds of short and long vowels
- Identifying words which rhyme with a specified word
- Filling in gaps in sentences and paragraphs
- Changing the meaning of a word by changing its 'end' sound
- Splitting up compound words into their components
- Scanning texts