Comprehension Booster is a new program for ages 7 to 14, that enables children to improve their reading and listening comprehension, and much more besides!
Comprehension Booster is scientifically designed and will improve:
- understanding of complex texts
- listening comprehension
- inferential thinking skills
- verbal memory skills
- vocabulary knowledge
- verbal reasoning
- concentration and attention
- reading speed
- Not only gives lots of enjoyable practice in working with texts of varying content and complexity, it also includes question formats that specifically focus children's strategic attention on key text content and encourages them to make inferential links within the text.
- It has been designed by experts in the development of reading comprehension. The interactive nature of the program ensures that children stay on task, which also helps develop concentration and attention.
- It provides interactive vocabulary support, so words that children find difficult can be understood in context, so extending their vocabulary.
- Does not need teacher supervision!
- Is easy to use in the classroom or at home with three different control modes; automatic control, teacher/parent control and student control.
- It also has a listen only mode which is particularly useful for children with auditory processing difficulties, semantic language disorders, and general language delay.
Comprehension Booster features include:
- 70 fictional (expository) texts
- 70 non-fiction (informational) texts
- 7 levels of difficulty
- varying lengths of text (50 - 300 words)
- engaging and amusing illustrations
- text read aloud by actors
- enjoyable, interactive learning
- detailed charts of progress
- no limit to number of children registered
Comprehension Booster Expansion Pack includes:
- 70 additional non-fictional informational texts.