ClaroRead V7 PC
ClaroRead is a highly effective, multi-sensory software solution for supporting reading and writing. Designed with maximum simplicity and flexibility for all ages and abilities, ClaroRead aids concentration and increases confidence.
ClaroRead for Windows PC supports reading and writing. ClaroRead is a simple, easy-to-use and flexible software program that helps you to read, write, study, and increases your confidence. You can read any on-screen text out loud and improve your writing in Microsoft Word. ClaroRead Plus and Pro also lets you read aloud scanned paper books and documents with complete clarity.
- Reads Microsoft Word, Adobe Reader, OpenOffice/LibreOffice and Internet Explorer with speech and highlighting so you can follow the text as it is read out by high-quality human-sounding speech.
- Reads text in email, webpages, and any other program you want by selecting with the mouse, pointing with the mouse, or capturing from the screen.
- Read paper documents with scanning (OCR). ClaroRead Plus and Pro only.
- Reads English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Swedish and twenty-four other languages with 80 different voices and accents so you can listen to a voice you like.
- Choose highlighting by word, by sentence, any colour, and lots of combinations so you can get just the right one for you.
- Suggest words as you type to help with spelling and writing.
- Choice of high-frequency, many subject-specific, and huge prediction dictionaries.
- Phonetic prediction - type "n", see "knowledge" suggested.
- Learn new predictions as you type or train it in a particular subject.
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking
- Echo back text recognised by Dragon as it appears on your computer screen so you know it is right.
- Listen back to your text after you have written - hear mistakes you can't spot when you read.
- Listen to each word or sentence as you type so you can hear mistakes immediately.
- Speaking spellcheck lets you select the word you want by hearing the alternatives.
- Support for homophones and easily-confused words like "there" and "their" and "they're" including images to help you select the correct word.
- Advanced phonetic, dyslexic and problem spelling corrections like "neel" (kneel) and "necessary".
- Check anywhere, in Mail or Safari or Chrome, not just Microsoft Word.
- Speaking dictionary for any word in any program with over 300,000 English definitions.
- Thesaurus to help with comprehension.
- Change font and text to make it easier to read.
- Change screen colours to reduce contrast and make reading more comfortable.
- Listening later
- Read text into an audio or video file to listen to later (on your 'phone, on the move, for study).
- Screen capture
- Make any text displayed on the screen read aloud, including online eBooks and presentations.
- Scanning (OCR) - ClaroRead Plus and ClaroRead Pro
- Use industry-leading Omnipage technology to convert printed documents and image files into PDF, Word and many other formats for reading and annotation later.
- Create accessible PDF files with reading order.
- Portable USB stick
- Create a portable USB pen drive version of any ClaroRead to let you use it on any computer.
- ClaroRead Toolbar
Included software in: ClaroRead Standard, ClaroRead Plus and ClaroRead Pro (but not ClaroRead SE) is:
ClaroIdeas: Easy to use mind mapping and idea capturing tool.
ScreenRuler: Reading ruler and screen colour tinter. Helps anyone who has problems keeping focus while reading.
ClaroCapture: Study tool. Capture images and text from web pages and documents to help write essays and organise references.
Claro AudioNote: Record lectures straight into your handouts, make voice notes, and listen back to recordings made on popular devices.
Claro Voice Setup: Download and install any of 80 voices in 30 languages.
Batch Audio Converter: Convert entire folders of documents into audio files.
Save to Video: Convert text documents into video files.
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP2
- 1GB RAM
- 500MB hard disk space plus 150-500MB for each voice.
- Microsoft Word 2007, Word 2010, Word 2013, or Word 2016
- Sound card supporting text-to-speech.
- Scanner supporting TWAIN or WIA (Plus and Pro).