Lass Secondary is available in several licences:
- One Year Licence
- Three Year Licence
- Five Year Licence
- Please contact us for information on network licences.
LASS 11-15 is a multifunctional assessment system that students find challenging and entertaining.
The program employs the unique 'adaptive algorithm' developed by Lucid that ensures assessments are as brief as practicable without losing their accuracy. The test modules have been carefully designed and scientifically validated for pupils in the age range 11 - 15 years.
LASS 11-15 assesses:
- Visual Memory
- Auditory-verbal memory
- Phonic reading skills
- Phonological processing ability
- Single word reading
- Sentence Reading
What does LASS 11-15 enable the teacher to do? LASS 11-15 is very easy to administer. Students require only minumum supervision while doing tests. LASS enables teachers to identify students with dyslexia (specific learning difficulty) but it has many other important functions as well, including:
- Assessing attainments in reading and spelling
- Measuring discrepancies between actual and expected literacy attainment
- Identifying underlying problems in memory or phonological skills
- Monitoring development in reading and spelling on a regular basis
- Evaluating progress in memory, phonological and phonic skills
- Estimating the student's intelligence
- Providing support evidence when applying for special arrangements in examinations
Using LASS results: Interpretation of LASS 11-15 results is straightforward, using the accompanying comprehensive teacher's manual. Percentiles, standard scores and age equivalents (including reading and spelling ages) are given. Results, in the form of graphical profiles and individual response records, clearly show childrens's strengths and weaknesses in comparison with national norms. Use of a standardised graphical profile makes it easy to spot students who are underperforming.
LASS 11-15 standardised norms cover the full ability range from below average to above average pupils. Any difficulties of a dyslexic nature or caused by underlying cognitive problems in phonology and/or memory can swiftly be identified. Assessment can be carried out on a regular basis to monitor progress. This information can be used in formulating Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and is valuable when considering whether or not to request a formal assessment by an educational psychologist. It can aslo be used as supporting evidence when applying for special arrangements in GCSE and other examinations.
- Adaptive assessment in about 45 minutes
- Enjoyed by even the most reluctant students
- Easy to interpret
- On CD or for Networks
- Single word reading
LASS 11-15 system requirements:
Stand alone software runs on multimedia PCs running Windows® XP, Vista, 7 or 8
Network software runs on Windows® Server 2003, 2008, XP, Vista, 7 or 8
Microsoft SQL server® is required as database enigine, though 2005 Express Edition is supplied free on the CD. 64 bit versions of Windows® and SQL server supported.