Duo Window Eye Level Reading Rulers
Part of the Visual Stress Collection: the winning product of the Education Resources Awards SEN Resource of the Year 2014!
The Eye Level Reading Ruler is a coloured overlay filter and text highlighter about the size of an eight-inch ruler. It is discreet and professional-looking and can be kept in a book as a bookmark for easy storage.
- Increase reading speed by up to 25%
- Enhances reading comprehension
- Improves reading accuracy
- Improves attention span
- Narrow tinted strip for single line tracking
- Wide tinted strip to scan ahead in paragraphs.
The Duo reading ruler is made of a combination of opaque and transparent plastic that both underlines the text and highlights it in a coloured tint. Simply read the text through either of the tinted plastic strips of your selected colour, and track down the page: broad strip for paragraphs; narrow strip for single lines.
- Narrow (approx. 1cm) strip for highlighting single lines of text.
- Broad (approx. 4cm) strip for scanning ahead in a paragraph, and for studying diagrams, tables, columns of figures etc.
- Matt finish on one side; gloss finish on the other.
- Colours can be combined to create up to 30 tints.
- Ideal for all ages - nursery to adult. Office and home use, school or college.
- Easy to store; inexpensive to buy.
- Protective Film on each ruler (remove before use)
- Made from scratch-resistant recylcable PET.
- Individually sleeved.
- Size of ruler: 205mm x 80 mm; the rulers can be trimmed to fit in books or even cut in half to keep in a small dictionary.
Colours Included in Multi Packs:
- 30 Pack (10 colours mixed): x5 Yellow, x5 Aqua, x4 Grass, x3 Sky, x3 Pink, x2 Celery, x2 Jade, x2 Purple, x2 Magenta, x2 Orange
- 30 Pack (5 colours mixed): x9 Yellow, x9 Aqua, x4 Sky, x4 Grass, x4 Pink
- 10 Pack (10 colours): 1 of each colour
- 10 Pack (5 colours mixed): x3 Yellow, x2 Aqua, x2 Sky, x2 Grass, x1 Pink
Differences between the Duo Window Rulers and the Plain Window Rulers:
DUO WINDOW READING RULERS are divided into a narrow reading window and a wide reading window by an opaque strip. People who have difficulties keeping their focus on the line being read find this design useful. Focus can be further confined by taping paper over the wide transparent window a quarter of an inch below the opaque part of the ruler, so that all words except the present line are completely blocked out.
PLAIN WINDOW READING RULERS are the same size, price and colours as the Duo Window Reading Rulers, but with only one window and a tracking line half an inch (1 cm) from the edge. They have no opaque strip in the middle. Confident readers who struggle with visual stress often prefer plain because there is no interruption to the flow of text.
Write a reviewRating: Bad Good
How soon should I receive my order?
- Mainland GB: 1-3 working days.
- NI, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Scottish Islands & Scilly Isles: 2-5 working days.
- EU: 2-7 working days.
- Rest of World: 3-12 working days.
Although we endeavor to meet these timescales, on rare occasions they may take a little longer. It can be a particularly busy time for us at the start of the new school year, for example, so please bear with us. If you need your order urgently, please contact us.
How much does delivery cost?
- Mainland GB: Delivery charges start at £1.95 and have a maximum of £5.45, depending on the weight and size of the delivery. Orders over £150 are delivered free of charge. (Prices quoted are ex-VAT.)
- Costs of delivery to anywhere outside of mainland GB vary depending on size, weight and destination; you can use the "estimate shipping & taxes" tool in your shopping cart or contact us if you need a quote.
How do I return my order?
We are very proud of our products. With this in mind, we operate a 30 day "no quibble" returns policy.
If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason, please use our cancellation form within 30 days of receipt to arrange a return. (Please note multi-user software licences, downloads and photocopiable materials are excluded, however under the Consumer Contracts Regulations you are entitled to return your goods to us within 14 days.)
Return your item(s) to us in a new and unused condition and we will be glad to refund or replace your item (please note we are not responsible for return postage/insurance charges unless the return is due to a fault or a mistake on our part). We also offer a collection service within mainland UK for a fee, please ask for details.
What if my goods arrive faulty or damaged?
It is our responsibility to supply you with goods that meet your consumer rights. In the unlikely event that you receive a faulty or damaged product, please contact us within 30 days of receipt to arrange a replacement or refund. This does not affect your statuatory rights.
What if an item is missing from my order?
Please report any shortages within 48 hours of delivery.