Alpha Arrow follows Letters and Sounds Phase 2, and also includes consonant digraphs ch, ck, sh, th. It Has:
- Unique phonic arrows provide multisensory reinforcement for blending.
- Wide variety of motivating word and sentence level activities.
- Progressive introduction of sounds in line with L&S units.
- Attractive, child-friendly illustrations, also available to download separately and use in teacher-created material.
- Interactive whiteboard arrows for whole class use.
- Dyslexia-friendly layout with tinted word backgrounds and "boxes" letter shapes.
- Additional blank arrows for spares and custom use.
- For children needing additional material at KS2, or for whole class teaching.
- Also ideal for home use.
- Alpha Arrows includes word level and sentence level activities, and is ideal for children who need to move more gradually through the phonic progression, with a high level of structured multisensory input to teach and reinforce blending skills. The final activity is based on a single page text level story, giving children a real sense of "I can read" satisfaction.
The Alpha Arrows kit includes:
- 101 - page photocopiable workbook.
- 2 sets of 68 (136 arrows in all) durable blending arrows, including two alphabets, digraphs and blank arrows for spares.
- Pdf file of workbook forprinting pages on demand.
- Interactive whiteboardarrows.
- JPEG files of all the images (approx 120) used in the kit, for you to download and use in your own activity sheets.
- Additional arrows can also be purchased.