A collection of ten games for 2-4 players covering a range of reading and spelling targets. The content is all covered by the end of Y2, but the three card games marked with* below were designed and used by Bob with dyslexic teenagers, so older members of the family can also have fun joining in. This kit will keep you going for weeks!
- Grammar Gamecards. Two of the four "Grammar Gamecards" series, playing with words that have opposite and similar meanings (antonyms and synonyms), and same sound/different meaning words (homonyms) - like write/right.
- Initial Blends*. A brilliant combination of cards and letter-dice for building words beginning with consonant blends. The spellings are simple, but this was a favourite with Bob's Y9 and Y10 students!
- Strike*. Another of Bob's card games. Like "Uno," this is based on the game "Black Jack." It consists entirely of 3-letter words that only have consonants that can be reversed - like b/d, p/g etc. Great fun for any age.
- Go Plural. A ludo-style pair of board games (on a double-sided board) that teach and reinforce the rules for spelling plurals. Age range around 6-9.
- Wordbuilder* The "You Lose" card turns this beginnings and endings word chunk game into a real winner! Bob's students loved it, and many more have since.
- Vowel Digraph Triplets A fast-moving game for collecting sets of vowel digraph words. Go Fish! can also be played with these cards.
- Paired Words Two games (A double-sided board) for playing with compound words and paired word phrases.