Removing Dyslexia (the Dyslexia-Friendly Toolkit)
A thought provoking and detailed look at the potential to create dyslexia-friendly learning environments in the classroom, full of practical guidance, empowering ideas and challenging assertions about inclusion.
- Dyslexia - difficulty or difference
- Understanding Dyslexia - removing the barriers
- Creating the feel-good factor
- Spelling with a specific difference
- Learning styles and preferences - harnessing learning differences
- Learning styles and comfort zones - working from inside out
- Dyslexia friendly means inclusion friendly - meeting diverse needs in mainstream settings
- Dyslexia and revision - learning how to learn
- Maths as a specific learning difference
- Dyslexia and EAL - mind friendly solutions
- The toolkit for the dyslexia friendly classroom
- Responding to individual needs through classroom action
- The dyslexia friendly classroom in the dyslexia friendly school
- Putting it all together - the opportunity to balance the cost
About the Author:
Neil Mackay is well known in the UK as an independent education consultant in Dyslexia and other SEN issues, who previously worked as a Senior Teacher and SENCO in a large comprehensive school in North Wales. Neil originated the phrase and concept of dyslexia-friendly schools, and works as a consultant to the BDA's "Dyslexia Friendly Schools" initiative, delivering training to schools and FE colleges on behalf of LEAs across the UK, to develop inclusive practice for pupils with dyslexia and other SEN needs with particular reference to harnessing the power of children's multiple intelligences.
Write a reviewRating: Bad Good
How soon should I receive my order?
- Mainland GB: 1-4 working days.
- NI, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Scottish Islands & Scilly Isles: 2-5 working days.
- EU: 2-7 working days.
- Rest of World: 3-12 working days.
Although we endeavor to meet these timescales, on rare occasions they may take a little longer. It can be a particularly busy time for us at the start of the new school year, for example, so please bear with us. If you have not received your order within a fortnight, or if you need your order urgently, please contact us.
How much does delivery cost?
- Mainland GB: Delivery charges start at £1.95 and have a maximum of £4.95, depending on the weight and size of the delivery. Orders over £150 are delivered free of charge. (Prices quoted are ex-VAT; please note that online postage prices tend to be lower than our catalogue prices due to lower overheads.)
- Costs of delivery to anywhere outside of mainland GB vary depending on size, weight and destination; you can use the "estimate shipping & taxes" tool in your shopping cart or contact us if you need a quote.
How do I return my order?
We are very proud of our products. With this in mind, we operate a 30 day "no quibble" returns policy.
If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason, please use our cancellation form within 30 days of receipt to arrange a return. (Please note multi-user software licences, downloads and photocopiable materials are excluded, however under the Consumer Contracts Regulations you are entitled to return your goods to us within 14 days.)
Return your item(s) to us in a new and unused condition and we will be glad to refund or replace your item (please note we are not responsible for return postage/insurance charges unless the return is due to a fault or a mistake on our part). We also offer a collection service within mainland UK for a fee, please ask for details.
What if my goods arrive faulty or damaged?
It is our responsibility to supply you with goods that meet your consumer rights. In the unlikely event that you receive a faulty or damaged product, please contact us within 30 days of receipt to arrange a replacement or refund. This does not affect your statuatory rights.
What if an item is missing from my order?
Please report any shortages within 48 hours of delivery.
How do you protect my data?
We are committed to maintaining your privacy. The information you provide us with will never be passed to any third parties, except for delivery purposes or where required by law. We may occasionally send information that may be of interest to you by email or post. If you would prefer us not to do this, please contact us. We will only ever contact you by phone if there is an issue with your order, never for marketing purposes.