Duo Window Eye Level Reading Rulers
- Product Code
- Select Option
Dyslexia friendly reading ruler overlay
The Eye Level Reading Ruler is a coloured overlay filter and text highlighter about the size of an eight-inch ruler. This SEN resource helps reduce the symptoms of Visual Stress and is Dyslexia friendly by helping the dyslexic reader keep on the correct line as they are reading.
Winner of Education Resources Awards SEN Resource of the Year 2014.
- Can increase reading speed by 30% or more
- Enhances reading comprehension
- Improves reading accuracy
- Improves attention span
- Narrow tinted strip for single line tracking
- Wide tinted strip to scan ahead in paragraphs.
The Duo reading ruler is made of a combination of opaque and transparent plastic that both underlines the text and highlights it in a coloured tint. Simply read the text through either of the tinted plastic strips of your selected colour, and track down the page: broad strip for paragraphs; narrow strip for single lines.
- Narrow (approx. 1cm) strip for highlighting single lines of text.
- Broad (approx. 4cm) strip for scanning ahead in a paragraph, and for studying diagrams, tables, columns of figures etc.
- Matt finish on one side; gloss finish on the other.
- Colours can be combined to create up to 30 tints.
- Ideal for all ages - nursery to adult. Classroom, office and home use
- Easy to store.
- Protective Film on each ruler (remove before use)
- Made from scratch-resistant recyclable PET.
- Individually sleeved.
- Size of ruler: 205mm x 80 mm
Colours Included in Multi Packs:
- 30 Pack (10 colours mixed): x5 Yellow, x5 Aqua, x4 Grass, x3 Sky, x3 Pink, x2 Celery, x2 Jade, x2 Purple, x2 Magenta, x2 Orange
- 30 Pack (5 colours mixed): x9 Yellow, x9 Aqua, x4 Sky, x4 Grass, x4 Pink
- 10 Pack (10 colours): 1 of each colour
- 10 Pack (5 colours mixed): x3 Yellow, x2 Aqua, x2 Sky, x2 Grass, x1 Pink
Differences between the Duo Window Rulers and the Plain Window Rulers:
Duo Window Reading Rulers are divided into a narrow reading window and a wide reading window by an opaque strip. People who have difficulties keeping their focus on the line being read find this design useful. Focus can be further confined by taping paper over the wide transparent window a quarter of an inch below the opaque part of the ruler, so that all words except the present line are completely blocked out.
Plain Window Reading Rulers are the same size and colours as the Duo Window Reading Rulers, but with only one window and a tracking line half an inch (1 cm) from the edge. They have no opaque strip in the middle. Confident readers who struggle with visual stress often prefer plain because there is no interruption to the flow of text.
British Dyslexia Association Assured:
Our current batch of reading rulers and overlays was printed while the "BDA Assured" scheme was running and carries the BDA Assured badge. This was a programme run by the BDA from 2019-2021 which gave the “BDA Assured” badge to resources that were recognised by the British Dyslexia Association as being helpful to people with dyslexia. During that time, Crossbow reading rulers and coloured overlays were part of the scheme. This programme has now been discontinued, and will be replaced in 2022 by a new page of useful resources.