Getting it Right for Dyslexic Learners - The Teacher's Toolkit
- Product Code
- In Stock
A comprehensive framework for a graduated response to ensure early identification and intervention.
By Beccie Hawes
Detailed toolkits for waves one, two and three. Activities and approaches for “busting barriers to learning” in reading, spelling and writing.
Packed with professional expertise, the Complete Toolkit will leave no learner’s needs unmet. It includes:
- Issue - initiative - impact models
- Separate toolkits for all three waves
- Personalised survival kits
- Identifying barriers to learning
- Tips for pre-teaching
- Tracking and monitoring tools
- The identification process
- Phonological awareness check
- SMART targets
- Teaching phonics
- Metacognition skills
- The “pupil passport”
- The learning environment
- Using scaffolds
- Transferring back to the classroom
- Recommended resources
- ...and lots, lots more!
About the Author:
Beccie is team leader at Rushall’s Inclusion Advisory Service, near Walsall. More from Beccie and her team can be found in by going to our Inclusion Zone.