Duo Window Eye Level Reading Rulers
- Product Code
- Select Option for Code
The Eye Level Reading Ruler is a coloured overlay filter and text highlighter about the size of an eight-inch ruler. This SEN resource helps reduce the symptoms of Visual Stress and is Dyslexia friendly by helping the dyslexic reader keep on the correct line as they are reading.
Winner of Education Resources Awards SEN Resource of the Year 2014.
Benefits of reading through colour:
- Can increase reading speed by 30% or more
- Enhances reading comprehension
- Improves reading accuracy
- Improves attention span
- Narrow tinted strip for single line tracking
- Wide tinted strip to scan ahead in paragraphs.
Two easy ways to use
- Narrow (approx. 1cm) strip for highlighting single lines of text.
- Broad (approx. 4cm) strip for scanning ahead in a paragraph and for studying diagrams, tables and spreadsheets
- Our rulers have a matt finish on one side and gloss finish on the other.
Create up to 30 tints
- Our 10 scientifically selected colours go evenly around the colour spectrum.
- This allows you to create up to 30 different tints when combining the rulers.
- Most popular colours are Yellow, Aqua, Grass, Pink, however each individual will have their own optimum colour.
Individually sleeved & protective film on each ruler
- Our rulers have a protective film on the gloss side of each ruler (remove before use) and are individually sleeved to arrive to you in perfect condition.
- Made from crystal clear scratch-resistant recyclable PET.
Ideal for all ages & easy to store
- Ideal for all ages - nursery to adult. Great to use at school, college, home and at work
- Easy to store, keep as bookmark or put away in reusable packaging. Ruler size is 205mm x 80 mm
Colours Included in Multi Packs:
- 30 Pack (10 colours mixed): x5 Yellow, x5 Aqua, x4 Grass, x3 Sky, x3 Pink, x2 Celery, x2 Jade, x2 Purple, x2 Magenta, x2 Orange
- 30 Pack (5 colours mixed): x9 Yellow, x9 Aqua, x4 Sky, x4 Grass, x4 Pink
- 10 Pack (10 colours): 1 of each colour
- 10 Pack (5 colours mixed): x3 Yellow, x2 Aqua, x2 Sky, x2 Grass, x1 Pink
Differences between the Duo Window Rulers and the Plain Window Rulers:
Duo Window Reading Rulers are divided into a narrow reading window and a wide reading window by an opaque strip. People who have difficulties keeping their focus on the line being read find this design useful. Focus can be further confined by taping paper over the wide transparent window a quarter of an inch below the opaque part of the ruler, so that all words except the present line are completely blocked.
Plain Window Reading Rulers are the same size and colours as the Duo Window Reading Rulers, but with only one window and a tracking line half an inch (1 cm) from the edge. They have no opaque strip in the middle. Confident readers who struggle with visual stress often prefer plain because there is no interruption to the flow of text.
"British Dyslexia Association Assured:"
Our current batch of reading rulers and overlays was printed while the "BDA Assured" scheme was running and carries the BDA Assured badge. This was a programme run by the BDA from 2019-2021 which gave the “BDA Assured” badge to resources that were recognised by the British Dyslexia Association as being helpful to people with dyslexia. During that time, Crossbow reading rulers and coloured overlays were part of the scheme. This programme has now been discontinued, and will be replaced by a new page of useful resources.
5.0 out of 5 stars Easy on the eyes.
"I’ve purchased cheaper version of these filters, but they had distortions in the plastic and small scratches.
These filters by Crossbow do not have any distortions and are a lot easier to read through, that is the aim after all, to make it easier to read. I now read a lot longer before getting tired eyes. Well worth getting the pack rather than individual filters."
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 11 September 2023
Color Name: Mixed Verified Purchase